We continue to strongly encourage the use of masks in crowded, indoor spaces, but as of July 3rd, 2022masks will be optional in worship.
We ask everyone attending to please continue to carefully monitor their health and risk status and to join us online if you are not feeling well or have recently been exposed to any illness.
Dear Friends in Christ,
With a glad and joyful heart, I write to let you know that we will be returning to in-person worship on Sunday, March 20th, 2022.
It has been a very long two years, nearly to the day, since we were last able to gather in any great number to lift our hearts and voices in praise. I am very much looking forward to greeting you in person and welcoming you as safely as possible into the sanctuary once more.
This week has given us yet another flurry of information and directives from the Public Health Authorities and we ask that you continue to be patient with us as we continue to sort through the information, recommendations, and directives as we prayerfully plan for return to in-person worship (and make further adjustments as we go). As a Session, we recognize that while the lessening of restrictions represents more freedom for many, it adds anxiety for others. As we plan for our worshiping community we hold both of those realities (and the many in between) in our hearts and minds as we seek to keep each other, and our community, healthy and strong. You can anticipate that our re-opening will be cautious and thoughtful and that our policies will continue to be more restrictive than the general directives of the province/city for the time being.
Until further notice, please note the following as it relates to in-person activities at the church:
- Masks continue to be required (fitting well over nose and mouth)
- Congregational singing is permitted, quietly, behind your masks.
- Pre-Registration is not required
- We ask that all worshipers carefully continue to monitor their health status and not attend if they are unwell or suspect that they may be contagious. It continues to be essential to follow self-monitoring and self-isolation guidelines and we ask that you continue to err on the side of caution as we remain committed to the health and well-being of our entire worshiping community.
- Coffee Hour and Sunday school continue to be on hold (materials will be available for children/families who attend in person)
- Zoom continues to be an option for those who prefer to worship with us from a distance.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.
If you don’t receive emails from RevBethany, please contact the office for the link and phone access information (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Let us continue to pray for our community, the world, and each other even as we give thanks for the many ways that God continues to reveal His presence to us each day.
— Reverend Bethany McCaffrey
Please stay connected with us!
Use the form below to touch base with us. If you would like to be added to any of our regular email lists, please choose the appropriate options below. Melville Matters is our Bi-Monthly Newsletter, E-Blasts come from RevBethany whenever there is news to share, to receive information about our Vacation Bible School Program, add yourself to our VBS mailing list.